Learn free tips on potty training boys and girls as fast and efficiently as possible that can be used for all children even those with developmental disabilities, such as (PDD-NOS). Why spend months and months struggling and frustrated, when there is a better option available?
First start by reading the pages about when to start potty training, tools that will aid in learning, and step by step instructions for day one of the potty training in three days process.
This phase starts as soon as your child independently urinates or has a BM on the toilet without any prompting. This will typically start by the end of the first day or beginning of the second day, but may be started earlier on the first depending how fast he/she progresses.
During this stage you will still want to give plenty of fluids and limit the amount of toys your child has access to until he/she is not having frequent potty training accidents.
1. Increase time between prompts for sitting to every 30 minutes.
2. Any time your child urinates or has a BM on the toilet:
• Go crazy with excitement and praise
• High five and do a dance all around the house with your child singing “(child’s name) went pee/poop on the potty, (child’s name) went pee/poop on the potty!”
• Allow access to ONE small toy, such as a car, action figure, doll, stuffed animal.
3. Continue to allow the activities listed on the tools page in between 30 minute increments of attempting to go.
4. Every 15 minutes, show your child he/she is dry and give a treat with praise for staying dry.
5. If your child has an accident:
• Continue not to scold or this could cause regression.
• Say “Uh Oh! It looks like (child’s name) needs to practice going potty!”
• Go to different parts of the house, then run to the toilet, pull down pants and have your child sit. Do this 2 times.
• If previously aggressive or angry about practicing going to the bathroom, reduce to sitting on the toilet only one time. Then, say in a non-scolding neutral tone of voice, “Poop and pee go in the potty.”
The next day (this should be the third unless you have opted not to use the doll to speed up the learning process), after at least one full day in the maintenance phase, go on to
Additional Recommended Pages: